Friday, April 3, 2009

Finding a Florist!

Hey Guys,

After a continuous effort to book a florist I finally found one, which was such a relief. I had consultations with around 5 florists and ended up picking the final one! I didn't want to attend so many appointments, but it was something that needed to be done to find a match in terms of style and cost. I'm not going to lie, this was really annoying and my bridesmaids had to motivate me to continue. I'm glad they did though because this is recommended especially if you're a bride on a budget, like me :) Many thanks go out to my wonderful bridesmaids who attended these consultations with me, giving great input as usual!

At these appointments the florist would try to get a feel for the style that we preferred and they usually ran with ideas from that. We discussed all the girly things like colors and flowers, which, let me tell you, we all learned something from these consultations because there are so many beautiful and different flowers out there! I ended up focusing more on mango calla lilies and orchids to accent the coral color. I'll give you a sneak peak into what the the bridesmaids bouquets will resemble and the groomsmen boutonnieres, aren't they lovely???




Since our wedding is going to be in the evening from 6-11pm Jon (my fiance) and I decided that we wanted to focus more on the lighting to play up the decor. Our ceremony will be outdoors in the meadow and then our reception will be held in this beautiful tent draped with white fabric and chandeliers. With that we decided that we wanted to have candles everywhere with large vases filled with water, flowers and even more candles. This would play up the romantic lighting in the tent with a more modern effect. Not only does this suit the atmosphere we're going for, but it's also a great way to cut down on costs! This is something to keep in mind because the flowers will suck up most of your funds if you don't watch out!



Below are a couple of pictures from our wedding venue at the Piedmont Garden & Tent so you can get an idea of where we're going with the decor. We absolutely love it!



































1 comment: